The da Vinci Society is a not-for-profit foundation – a “thinking think tank,” if you will. The goal of the Society is to help create a better tomorrow by fostering better thinking and the teaching of thinking skills globally. The Society’s Board of Directors identifies the world’s greatest thinkers, whose contributions to society deserve widespread public attention, and engages them in the creation of new knowledge in the study of thinking. To nurture tomorrow’s leaders, the Society encourages scholars and young people in the study and development of thinking skills.
Since 2005, the daVinci Society has provided more than $344,000 in thinking scholarships to outstanding students.
Mission of the Leonardo da Vinci Society for the Study of Thinking
- To promote excellence in thinking by developing an honor society for the world’s greatest living thinkers.
- To establish named and funded Professorships in Thinking.
- To develop a world class Thinking Curriculum and demonstration projects to promote the teaching of thinking at the collegiate level.
- To develop and publish new knowledge in the field of thinking.
- And most importantly, to award scholarships to encourage young thinkers.